Monday, February 1st
ABSENT LAST FRIDAY?!
1. Read "Ink on Paper"
2. How do you typically take notes? Why do you prefer this method?
3. Does this article change the way you think about taking notes in any way?
4. Why annotate? Why not (if you don’t)?
Review Senior Project Deadlines and Expectations
This week's schedule and benchmarks
1. Exemplar Critique Protocol
*Open the above link, follow the instructions. Choose ONE of the student examples based on the discipline of your own research question. (If your question is more humanities-based, choose Molly's. If it is more sciency, choose Tony's)
2. Deep Reading Lesson/Assignment Overview_
1. Pair/share: What does it mean to deeply read something? What does this process look like?
2. Individually, read the "Deep Reading" assignment handout
3. Ask Ashley/Lori questions you have about it
4. A note on Matt’s feedback: Students hate this at first (and in the middle), but it’s been one of the most influential pieces in shaping their arguments, questions, and conclusions!
5. Need more examples for how to deep read? Watch Matt Hughes' screencast, "Deeply reading an academic text" embedded on the Senior Project page on my DP.
3. Database Access Video
4. WORK TIME: Find Sources!
Comments are closed.
Humanities teacher at Animas High School