Today's Learning Goals for the Human Element:
Links You'll Need for Class:
Sustainability Definition and the Three Spheres of sustainability
In an arresting new documentary environmental photographer James Balog captures the lives of everyday Americans on the front lines of climate change. He profiles each element: Earth, Air, Fire, Water and how the 5th Element- HUMANS interact with and impact each element. We’re just focusing on one chapter from the film on “Air”.
Watch 14 minute video on "Air" from The Human Element (enter code: THEedu)
- Students take notes on the note-taking guide while you watch
- Share out your notes after video ends
Dejardins' Article Discussion
Dejardins Discussion + Activity (50 minutes)
A note from Ashley on student leadership during online class: I need y'all to really step up and help each other make the most of these online class meetings. Please take initiative in whole group and small group discussions, don't just let a few people take the reigns, own your education, be empowered! Knowledge is power!
- In groups of 3-4 discuss the Dejardins reading.
- Pick the following group roles:
- Note taker/time keeper (30 mins)
- Deep Diver -push your peers ideas further, elaborate
- Note-taker: make a copy of this handout to guide your discussion. Share it with Ashley and your group.
- If your group has a question, email me and I’ll pop into your chat room
- Make sure to complete the Final Group Statement at the bottom and be ready to share that out as well as any questions/confusions your group had!
- Be prepared to share out your group statement when we reconvene (10 minutes)
Senior Project Brainstorm
Humanities teacher at Animas High School