HERE IS THIS WEEK's VIDEO UPDATE: This contains a screencast of me talking through TED Talk expectations and important documents, as well as what TED Talk prep week will entail. I encourage you to watch it rather than merely read this email, as it will make more sense. But if you insist on just reading the rest of this email, read on....
Update in written form
1. Attend the 10:30 am, Wed. 5/6 Required 12th Grade Google Hangout Video Conference: We will have an all-grade google hangout at 10:30 am on Wednesday, May 6th. The senior teaching team will talk through TED Talk expectations and the TED Talk Prep Week schedule. We'll also go over your questions at that time. I'll send a google hangout invitation to that so please mark your calendars and attend. If you have unreliable internet, call a friend at that time and have them put you on speaker phone.
BEFORE you attend Wednesday's 12th grade google hangout, please do the following:
1. Wednesday morning STARTER: watch How to Sound Smart in your TED Talk: This is a funny TED Talk with ZERO content but a lot to learn about presentation style to make you look and sound smart. Cool, huh?
2. Read through The TED Talk Prep Week Schedule:
3. Read through the 2020 Virtual TED Talk Overview and Rubric document and come to the 10:30 am google hangout on Wednesday, 5/6 with questions.
4. Take note of the TED Talk Structure and Format Options
There are two options for how to format your TED Talk. You can find information on those options as well as how to outline your talk and how your talk will be graded on the 2020 Virtual TED Talk Overview and Rubric document. Again, read this entire document THOROUGHLY before 10:30 am on Wednesday, 5/6.
AFTER Wednesday's 12th Grade Google Hangout:
1. Ashley will give you editing privileges on this research question/action project/schedule document and you all can sign up for your talk!
2. Complete the daily assignments and attend cohort conferences as outlined on the TED Talk prep week schedule linked above.
I'm looking forward to seeing all your faces on Wednesday! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns before then. In the meantime, keep crushing those action projects and remember.....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Confucius
I had to learn that the hard way-- by failing to stay on the Tik Tok dance beat last week. But on a serious note, we are all being tasked with rising anew, each and every day during Covid-19. Luckily Ospreys don't only know how to persevere and rise again, but they also know how to SOAR. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooop!!
Soar on, team.
Humanities teacher at Animas High School